What is Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Suite?
In episode 24 Frank and Alfred take a look into the new Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Suite. In the episode the guys discuss what ECS is, when to use it and why this is an important change for Microsoft customers.
Thriving in a cloud-first, mobile-first world
In the modern workplace, employees are always connected and always moving. They have more devices with more data, and they expect tools to support ubiquitous collaboration. To support this workplace, IT needs a solution to help protect your data, manage the growing number of mobile devices, unify environments that span operating systems, and enable seamless collaboration for
your workers across all of their devices. The Enterprise Cloud Suite (ECS), now available as part of the Enterprise Enrollment, brings together Office 365 E3, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Windows Software Assurance per User. The combined power of these three offerings empowers users with best-in-class productivity across devices while supporting IT security and control.
With Enterprise Cloud Suite, you can take advantage of:
- Simplified cloud licensing in the Enterprise Enrollment.
- True per user licensing that puts users at the center.
- A compelling offer when buying cloud services.
How it works
Enterprise Cloud Suite is available as a User Subscription License (USL) or an Add-on license for the Enterprise Platform in the Enterprise Enrollment.
- Enterprise Cloud Suite USL: For users who are not covered by an existing Enterprise Platform or who would like to transition to full user-based licensing at renewal. The USL lowers initial licensing costs because you subscribe to the rights to use Microsoft products and services instead of purchasing a perpetual license.
- Enterprise Cloud Suite Add-on: For users who are covered by an existing Enterprise Platform. The Add-on is a subscription that supplements your existing Enterprise Platform license position.
Flexible – Put users at the center with true per user licensing
Users get a consistent productivity experience on any device and on any operating system. A range of ECS licensing options are available through Add-on licenses or USLs, and cloud services can be added at any time, then reconciled at anniversary.
Manageable – Simplifying cloud licensing in the Enterprise Enrollment
With a pure per user licensing model, you will no longer need to count devices for the Platform EA and cloud services. Move to the cloud without modifying your Enterprise Agreement while getting rid of bridge CALs and complex True-up requirements.
Learn More from Microsoft